Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Thank you all for coming to my retirement party!


Same Class?
While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new dentist, I noticed his certificate hanging on the wall; it gave his full name. Thinking hard, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my hgih school class some 36 years ago.

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, greyhaired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attened the local high school.
"Yes," he replied.
"When did you graduate?" I asked.
He answered, "In 1971. Why?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely, and then the thoughtless idiot asked, "What did you teach?"

That's when I knew it was time to retire!

1 comment: